- This event has passed.
Effective Commercial Appraisals for Banks – What Chief Appraisers Want, Part 1,a
November 9, 2019 @ 9:00 am$199
THE SOCIETY OF CHIEF APPRAISERS (SCA) AND REAL ESTATE MARKET RISK OFFICERS ARE OFFERING A UNIQUE BEHIND THE SCENES CHIEF APPRAISERS’ COURSE FOR ALL VALUATION PROFESSIONALS
“Effective Commercial Appraisals for Banks – What Chief Appraisers Want, Part 1,a”
New Course Number and CE Credits Available
BREA Approved Course #[TBD] for Seven (7) Hours CA BREA CE Credit
Date: Saturday, Nov 9th, 2019 from 9 to 5 pm
Location: Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County, 8 MacArthur Place, Santa Ana, CA 92707
Cost: $199 for NEW 7-Hours BREA CE Credit
Students who attended Feb 2nd Course WILL RECEIVE additional 7-hours of CE Credit
ADVISORY: Seating space is limited
Questions: Stew Heller, 510-816-2974, firstname.lastname@example.org
An insightful, Chief Appraiser created / taught 7-hour BREA Approved Commercial Appraisal Seminar
Ernie Lopez, MAI, Chief Appraiser, East West Bank and
Douglas Nason, ASA, FRICS, SVP, Wells Fargo Bank
Students will discover the inside workings & thinking of Bank Chief Appraisers, so they can efficiently provide quality appraisals for their Bank clients
- How Commercial Appraisers Can Develop Trusting and Long-Term Relationships with Banks
- Help Bank Commercial Underwriters, Credit Offers, Loan Officers and Portfolio Managers to better understand the appraisal requirements for acceptable commercial appraisal
Douglas Nason, ASA, FRICS, is a Senior Vice President with Wells Fargo’s Real Estate Technical Services Group (REVS-RETECHS). As the Regional Appraisal Director of the Western Region, he manages a staff of 48 real estate valuation professionals domiciled in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Salt Lake City. At present, Doug has direct oversight for all commercial real property valuation services in nine western states (CA, HI, NV, AZ, OR, WA, UT, ID & MT) and Asia-Pacific. In addition, he manages Agricultural Valuations on a nationwide basis. He oversees valuation services on a wide variety of property types including high dollar/trophy assets, large multi-property portfolios, and special-purpose real estate. In conjunction with these services, Doug is also responsible for compliance with government regulatory requirements relative to appraisal, adherence to professional standards and practices, and the Bank’s internal policies and procedures.
Kenneth Hall, Director Appraisal, First Citizens Bank
Ernesto Lopez, Chief Appraiser, East West Bank
There will also be other California Bank Chief Appraisers assisting the teaching of the course (names to follow).
Special Instructions: 707 Wilshire Blvd. course location is one block north of 7th Street/Metro Center Station in the Financial District of Downtown Los Angeles. The building parking garage is closed on weekends; however, nearby public parking is available. Registered attendees should enter from the Wilshire Courtyard and press the intercom button on the metal column next to the sliding door to obtain direct access to LBL.
- Those seeking BREA CE Credit must sign in and out in both the AM & PM sessions
- COMPLETION CERTIFICATES will be provided via e-mail to all who attend the entire day’s instruction
Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County, 8 MacArthur Place, Santa Ana, CA 92707
MORE INFORMATION ON COURSE CURRICULUM
- Deep Dive into Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines (December 2, 2010)
- Supervisory and Other Pertinent Regulatory Guidance (subsequent to 2010)
- Providing Effective Appraisals & Reviews
- Developing & Reporting: Red Flags, Risks, Extraordinary Assumptions, Hypothetical Conditions & Contingencies
- Developing & Reporting: Subjects Sales & Listing History
- Developing & Reporting: Highest & Best Use
- Developing & Reporting: Current Value & Prospective Value Dates
- Potpourri of Appraisal & Appraisal Review Issues
- Effective Appraisal Management
- Getting the Appraisal Assignment & Scope of Work Clear
- Maintaining Relationships of Trust Between Appraisers & Bank Officers
Periodic Q & A Periods –
- Regular opportunities will be offered for Q&A from attendees at the main teaching location, as well as from remote proctored locations, if necessary.