About the Society of Chief Appraisers (SCA):
The SCA is a volunteer organization of over 600 Chief Valuation officers and related officers involved in the reaching the final real estate collateral valuation process located in a dozen cities nationally who meet once or twice annually. The goal of these meetings or symposiums is to offer first hand learning & training opportunities to be understand and be more completely diligent to the valuation of the collateral properties for loans and bank investment. As you may be aware, over 90% of the 5,000 insured banks or non-banks do not have a staff state certified real estate appraiser and therefore are at a great disadvantage in making safe and sound loans, because they do not have staff appraisal and appraisal management expertise. These are the officers who will benefit most from our programs, present and future. At the same time, these same bank credit officers do have expertise in market risk analysis, which would be of great benefit to Appraisal Officers in protecting the accuracy of the valuations used in lending or investments by their banks.
UPCOMING NATIONAL SYMPOSIUMS PRESENTED BY NATIONAL & LOCAL EXPERTS & EXAMINERS
“Maintaining Valuation Integrity”
Valuation Professionals Leadership Tools, Strategies for Compliance & Best Practices
SYMPOSIUMS HOSTED w/LUNCH & BEVERAGES - THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
San Francisco-GSA Fed Bldg.
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Los Angeles-Fed Building
Thursday, May 16, 2019
New Jersey-Monmouth University
June 20, 2019
September 19, 2019
New York-Fordham University
October 17, 2019
November 20, 2019
Los Angeles-Fed Bldg.
December 5, 2019
SCA Symposiums focus on:
- The latest developments in the easing of regulatory compliance and monitoring of outsource valuation providers.
- Trends and predications of real estate markets - When is the next recession coming?
- Expert speakers on high risk property loans - Trends & Predictions.
- Understanding the risks and “concentration” guidance.
- Accurate Appraisal and Evaluation compliant management tools e.g. platforms, policies, outsourcing trends.
- Symposium attendees will include Valuation Professionals, such as Chief Appraisers, Chief Credit Officers, Staff Reviewers, Underwriting Officers, REO Managers, Compliance Officers, Market/Operational Risk Officers - All parties involved in determining real estate collateral value used in mortgage lending and bank investments.
- An Open Discussion for sharing of ideas and best practices.
- A closer look at the increasing and growing regulated non-bank lenders e.g. New York Life Co.
SCA Instructures & Members Include:
- Chief Appraisers, Appraisal Review Managers, Appraisal Review Staff
- Chief Credit Officers, Credit Administration Officers, Bank Real Estate Officers
- Special Assets Managers, Environmental Officers, QC, etc.
- County Assessors Appraisal Departments - Chief Appraisers & Staff
- Leadership of Valuation Organizations – RMA, IA, RICS, ASA & others
- Federal & State Regulators (in an advisory capacity)
- Most recently, regulated “Non-Bank” Valuation Officers such as Life Companies & Investor Groups