- This event has passed.
SEATTLE – Union Square Building 2 Downtown
May 3 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
You’re Invited to the SEATTLE Credit and Valuation Officers Leadership Meeting.
(SCA) Society of Chief Appraisers in partnership with The Puget Sound RMA Chapter
Thursday, May 3, 2018
Program: 8:15am – 5:00pm
Early arrival by 8:00am for parking, check‐in and breakfast.
Union Square Building 2 Downtown
600 University Street
Seattle, WA 98101
No cost to attendees, Thanks to our National Sponsors: AXIS AMC, Hospitality Valuation Services (HVS), Rockport VAL, Greer Advisors LLC, Hopkins Appraisal Services, Partner Engineering & Science, Inc., LRES Corporation, RealWired! – YouConnect, L-CAM (Review Specialists) and additional support from Exactbid, bank real estate attorneys, appraisal review specialists and policy/compliance advisors.
Conference Room Courtesy of the Home Street Bank Appraisal Department.
ADVISE: Seating is limited and DEADLINE to Register is April 23rd.
This program is valuable enough to take a day out of your busy schedule. The day will include a (TBD) 3-hour Examiners Panel (FDIC, OCC, FRB) to prepare you for your next federal examination, and which will qualify for 3-hours BREA CE credit.
- Chief Appraisers and Staff
- Appraisal Review Managers & Staff
- Chief Credit Officers
- Market Risk Specialists
- Audit & Compliance Officers
- Environmental Risk Officers
- Loan Officers & Senior Management
- Robert L. Parson, former Senior Appraisal Policy Advisor, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)
- Richard Rawson, FDIC, MAI, Appraisal Review Specialist, FDIC Banks
- Ron Pavlick, Senior Risk Specialist, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
GENERAL TOPICS – PRESENTATIONS & DISCUSSIONS:
- Latest 2017‐2018 Trends + 5 Year Future Predictions by Co‐Star Economists, including prediction of next Recession Coming
- Current & Future Trends in Environmental Law, Loss Prevention
- Current Trends & Future Predictions in Residential Markets
- Bank Advisors: Future Safety & Soundness Planning, & Reviews
- What appraisal independence means and extent of non-compliance
- Appropriate selection of approved outsourced appraisers or evaluators
- Most common errors from recent examinations
- USPAP understood as part of the regulatory scheme?
- Final Bank Examination Report – Appraisal process errors presented to senior management; Matters requiring attention (MRI) and Matters requiring immediate attention (MRIA) and consequences of not following corrective recommendations and impact on bank’s overall rating
- Impact on Bank Overall Rating by Appraisal/Evaluations Examination Findings
- Common deficiencies and correct processes in Outsource Appraisal Due Diligence including reviews
- Need for more training of Bank Examiners in Real Estate Collateral Issues
Stewart Heller, Founder, SCA, 510.816.2974, StewHeller@societyofchiefappraisers.org
Alan Greer, Co-Founder, MAI, FRICS, AI-GRS, Greer Advisors LLC, 213.985.3700 Eag@greeradvisors.com
Brenda Dohring Hicks, MAI, CEO, RealWired!, 813.349.5640 Brenda@realwired.com
Justin Slack, Commercial Appraisal Manager, HomeStreet Bank, 206.264.4259 Justin.Slack@homestreet.com
Lori Milton, RMA Education Chair, 206.577.1422 Lori.Milton@evergreen504.com
John Huey, RMA Vice President and Speaker, John.Huey@northwest-bank.com
Scott Adams, MAI, AI-GRS, Chief Commercial Appraiser, Umpqua Bank, 425.602-1267 email@example.com