About the Society of Chief Appraisers (SCA):
The SCA is a vo1lunteer organization of over 300 Chief Appraisers, Credit & Real Estate Officers from over 100 California banks working together for the common objective of achieving an effective nationwide system of valuation and due diligence.
Founded in 2009, the SCA is a revival of the tradition of the groups of Northern & Southern California Chief Appraisers, representing both Commercial Banks and Savings & Loan Associations, who met often throughout the 1970’s and 1980’s. Those groups created a unique forum where appraisal managers could meet and share common experiences, new regulatory requirements, and support each other’s professional growth and the advancement of the appraisal industry.
SCA members include:
- Chief Appraisers, Appraisal Review Managers, Appraisal Review Staff
- Chief Credit Officers, Credit Administration Officers, Bank Real Estate Officers
- Special Assets Managers, Environmental Officers, QC, etc.
- County Assessors Appraisal Departments - Chief Appraisers & Staff
- Leadership of Valuation Organizations – RMA, IA, RICS, ASA & others
- Federal & State Regulators (in an advisory capacity)
Become an SCA donor, please click here